Most people have seen professional email addresses. If your email address doesn’t end with a popular domain name like @gmail.com or @yahoo.com, it was likely attached to a specific domain name. Domain email addresses look more professional and help messages stand out.
This article focuses on the key areas related to branded email addresses and how to create your own.
You can learn:
- The benefits of branded email
- Tips for choosing a work email address
- Professional business email address ideas
- How to create a custom email address
Advantages of domain email addresses
There are several advantages to using a business email address instead of a free email provider like Gmail.
Let’s take a look at some of the reasons you should use your work email address.
- Build brand awareness.: Brainstorm professional email address ideas, come up with a solid domain email address, then start sending messages from here. Your brand or company’s reputation will begin to grow.
Professional email addresses can also help convert more leads into sales. It also conveys a sense of taking work seriously.
- It gives a professional look: Simply put, domain-based addresses look professional. If your address ends in @gmail.com, you may not be an expert.
- You have better control over your information.: Your emails are stored on servers that you pay for, not on free email hosting servers, so you have more control and access to the data you send and receive. This also guarantees a higher level of privacy.
- Ensure proper delivery.: If you don’t send email from your domain email address, your mail is more likely to get caught in the spam filter. Make sure this doesn’t happen to the endeavors you’re making for small businesses.
Best practices for choosing a professional email address
When brainstorming professional email address ideas, keep in mind a few best practices when creating email addresses.
- Do not use numbers. Often there is a number at the end of the email address to meet the unique needs of free email providers. Omit the numbers and simplify the look of the address.
- Keep it short. Your email address doesn’t have to be verbose. Keep it simple and to the point.
- Easy to remember. The email address you choose should be simple enough for most people to remember. That’s why it’s a good idea to use your name or company name often.
- Make sure you can pronounce it. Your email address should be clear and easy to understand. Don’t mix words and get people to decipher what it says.
- use “.” Or “-” to separate words. If you want to include a few words in your work email address, it may be helpful to separate them with a period or hyphen. This will keep your address pronounced and easy to read.
- Make it relevant. We recommend using the word “contact” if your business email address is on the contact page of our website. If it’s a typical website address, something like “Hello” or “Question” might work. Nevertheless, your email address must be relevant to its purpose.
To make your business email look professional, follow these best practices. These extra efforts can also benefit financially. If people can remember your email address, they are more likely to contact you directly.
Professional email addresses can generate actionable leads.
Now, here are the experts. Email address ideas.
Professional email address ideas
- Use your name in one word
- Use hyphen-separated names
- Use names separated by underscores.
- The first name Use initial + last name.
- Last name + first name Use initials
- Use full name including middle name
- Use of initials
- Shorten or shorten the name.
- Use name + keyword
- Use name + location
- Name + Class Use
- Use your name + degree or title.
- Use your name and your expertise
- Use “Hello” + your name.
- Use only “hello”, “sayhi” or “contact”.
How to create a custom email address
Now that you know about the best professional email account ideas, let’s move on to the next process. Create your own brand account.
- Choosing a web hosting provider: There are several email service providers for your business. To set up your website as well, you’ll need a hosting plan and a domain name. SM Blog’s WordPress plan includes one or more free email addresses.
Alternatively, you can choose the Google Workspaces (formerly G Suite) plan that uses Gmail but adds custom domain emails.
- Please select an email name: Consider a variety of professional email address ideas and choose the one that best fits your brand identity when creating a new account.
- Email client selection: This may vary depending on the device or operating system you are using. Often, individual hosting providers provide in-depth instructions on how to associate a new email address with their email client. Several options include Apple Mail, Outlook, and Google Workspace.
Final Thoughts: Professional Email Address Ideas: Domain Email Essentials
Branded professional email accounts allow you to identify your company or personal brand. It’s easy to organize, especially if you have multiple professional email ideas.
Easily set up a professional email address for your company or personal brand. Check out SM Blog, which offers a variety of hosting plans including email addresses for $1.99 per month*.